So yesterday I said that I would be posting my list of foods that supposedly reduce anxiety. I made this list by reading various articles and websites about anxiety and healthy eating. I will be incorporating these foods into my diet as much as possible. So here is my list of the foods and why they may reduce anxiety.
- Whole grain bread/pasta/rice: Contains serotonin which boosts your mood and relaxes your body
- Oily fish: Contains Omega 3 which balances stress hormones
- Avocados: Contains potassium and can lower blood pressure
- Broccoli: Contains vitamin B and folic acid which is thought to relieve stress, anxiety and depression
- Almonds: Contains selenium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin E which boost the immune system
- Oranges/blueberries/strawberries and other fruit that contains vitamin C: Curbs stress hormone levels and boosts the immune system
I am putting together a meal plan so that I can try this out for two weeks. Hopefully I will be able to see the benefits!