Good afternoon! I’m on to day 3 of my “anti-anxiety” healthy eating plan and so far it is going great! I have found out that I like the taste of wholegrain bread, pasta and rice, which is helpful! I am also cooking/baking my own food from scratch as much as possible to cut out the nasty additives that many processed foods contain. I am really enjoying the cooking/baking side of things, as well as the finished products 😉
Today I decided to please my sweet tooth and bake a wholegrain tea loaf. I’ve adapted the recipe for a white tea loaf to make it wholegrain and I changed the raisins to half raisins, half sultanas. I made the white version of the loaf last week so that I can see how the wholegrain version compares. It contains no oil or butter and is almost fat free! Plus it only has 7 ingredients and they are all natural =)
So here is the recipe:
Wholegrain Tea Loaf
- 140g raisins
- 140g sultanas
- 300ml hot strong tea
- 340g Wholemeal self raising flour
- 110g sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Steep the raisins/sultanas in the tea for 30mins (Go have a cup of tea yourself while you are waiting!)
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees to heat up. Mix the flour, sugar and mixed spice together.
- Add the tea/raisin/sultana mixture and the beaten egg. Gently fold/combine with a spatula but don’t overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into an oiled loaf tin and bake for 1 hour. (My loaf was ready after 50mins so check regularly during the last 15mins of cooking)
And there you go! So simple to make and it tastes great! Its good with butter or on its own. My whole family loves it so I think it is going to be a regular bake around here =)
Let me know if you try it!