The weather may have been shocking this in the last week but I found a great way to stay warm and upbeat! This soup is delicious, warming and comforting (Making a slightly creepy smiley face out of yogurt is optional!)
- 1 butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium parsnips peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 litre boiled water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Heat the sunflower oil in a big non-stick saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes, until golden.
- Add the squash, carrots and parsnips. Add the boiled water, crumble in the stock cube and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat and blitz with a hand blender. (Its easiest to do this by pouring the soup into a jug one portion at a time and blending before pouring into a bowl.)
Easy =) I will definitely make some more of this!
As always let me know if you try this out =)