I love chicken, it’s probably my favourite meat. Whether it’s cold in sandwiches and salads or hot in a main meal, I love it! There’s only one time I don’t like chicken… When it has dried out. When chicken dries out it goes from yum to yack! That is why I like this recipe, the chicken stays moist in a creamy sauce and goes really well with the greens. Broccoli is one of the top foods on my “Anti-anxiety” foods list so any recipe that contains broccoli, is tasty and the rest of my family likes, is a winner for me!
Creamy chicken and greens
Serves 4, approximately 390 calories per serving
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 4 stalks asparagus, chopped
- Large handful green beans, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- Fry the chicken in a frying pan with the oil for 5 mins on each side. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with the oil. Pour in the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 10 mins until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Take off the lid and turn the heat up to high. Boil for a few minutes to reduce the stock. Add the vegetables, cover and cook the veg for about 3 mins.
- Remove lid and add the crème fraîche, stirring it into the stock to make a creamy sauce. Season and serve.
Looks pretty good right? I can assure you that it tastes pretty good too 😉 If you try it out let me know what you think!
Bye for now,