I have been looking everywhere for a whole grain scone recipe! Most of the recipes use half whole grain flour and half white flour but I finally found one using all whole grain. Ironically the recipe was on the website of the brand of flour that I bought! This is not a sponsored post and other brands of flour are available =D
Here is the recipe from the Doves Farm website. I found it really easy to follow and the results were great!
|200 g||Fine Wholemeal Flour|
|1 tbsp||Baking Powder|
|¼ tsp||Black Pepper|
|100 g||Grated Cheddar|
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, black pepper and softened butter.
- Add the milk and bring together into a ball of dough.
- Reserve a spoon of grated cheese for decoration and roughly knead rest into the dough.
- Leave dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and gently press to 3cm/1” thick.
- Scatter the reserved cheese on the top of the dough.
- Cut the dough into triangle shapes.
- Place the dough triangles on a floured baking tray.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 200 degrees for 10/12 minutes.