I don’t have a leftovers recipe this week as my family went out for Sunday lunch this week, so instead here is a fail safe recipe that I have been using for years. It is a simple and fast dish that is perfect for weeknights.
Chicken and pepper pasta melt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 500g passatta sauce
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 250g pasta (I used fusilli)
- Add the pasta to a large pan of water and bring to the to boil. Reduce the heat and boil uncovered for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry for around 3 minutes until sealed. Add the peppers and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to pan. Add the chicken and peppers, then the passatta and herbs and heat through for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Looks pretty good right? Super fast too =)
Bye for now,