Really I should have posted this yesterday, sorry for the delay! I was focusing so much on my 2nd shift at my new job that I forgot it was the 1st of the month! Before I go any further, here are last months little steps:
- Have a go at yoga. I’m going to use videos online to have a try at yoga, if I like it I might even join a class!
- Reread “Feel the fear and do it anyway” and look out for other helpful books. Last year I read this book by Susan Jeffers and it helped me put things into perspective. I’m going to read it again and have a look for other books that could help me.
I’m ashamed to say I didn’t get very far with the yoga. I watched a couple of videos and tried out some of the positions but that was about it. I did read “Feel the fear and do it anyway” again, admittedly not the whole book but I reread the chapters that I found the most helpful. I bought a couple of new self help books and I’m starting to read them, I’ll let you know what I think once I’m done!
So I’ve been giving this a lot of thought over the last week and this months Little Steps are:
- Start a dream diary. In my post The Metaphorical Staircase I described a dream/vision that came to me as I was waking up one morning. I interpreted it as a metaphor for my hope of continuing to improve my anxiety and my fear of slipping and undoing the progress I have already made. I talked this through with my therapist who agreed with me. He thought it was impressive that my dreams were so vivid and that I was working out the meanings. So I’m going to start recording my dreams and the possible meanings, you never know, it could be useful!
- Build up my confidence at work. I’ve done 2 shifts up to now and I feel a little more confident/less nervous each time. I hope that over the next month the nerves will go completely as I settle into my new routine.
- Find time to relax! Now that I’m back to work (even though its only part time) I’ll try to remember to still make time to relax, whether that is having a bath, watching a movie or getting a massage.
Those are my goals for April, what are yours?