I watched a great film last week; The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. If you haven’t seen it, don’t worry I won’t give away any spoilers. Basically its about a guy who daydreams but has a pretty boring life. Then one day an issue at work throws him into an epic adventure! Its one of those feel good, life affirming films and the message is a great one; There’s no greater adventure than living your life!
Watching the movie really made me want an adventure of my own! The problem is I don’t do planes, not anymore, so going anywhere abroad would mean more planning and getting a ferry or going through the Channel Tunnel. The other thing is… Travelling terrifies me! But its still something I want to do and I’ll just have to start small I guess! Speaking of which… Next month I’m going to a caravan park an hours drive away. Well you can’t start much smaller than that! 😉
So here are a few places on my travel bucket list, although I add to it all the time!
- Nepal: I have a dream of going to Nepal and meditating with the monks on top of a mountain! You can laugh (and you probably will!) but I think it would be an incredible experience and judging from photos I’ve seen, the scenery is stunning!
- Italy: I don’t really care where in Italy, I just want to go. If nothing else, just for the amazing food!
- Ireland: Both Northern Ireland and Republic. When I do get around to leaving the country I imagine this will be the first place I go, purely because it is the closest!
- Iceland: This one is down to Walter Mitty! Plus I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights!
- Isla-Spain: I have actually already been there but I would love to go back! Isla is very traditional and it is a beautiful place, I went with my school when I was 13 so we could practice our spanish. The downside is I will definitely have to brush up on my spanish before going back! It isn’t a touristy area so not many people speak english, you need to know at least basic spanish to get by.
I could go on and on, there are so many beautiful countries in the world but I’ll leave it there for now. I hope to go to at least a couple of these places in my lifetime but I know it take a lot of work! For now, I guess I just keep trying to reduce my anxiety and take little steps. Do you have a list of places you would love to visit? Feel free to comment below, I love comparing dream destinations!