I got some news today. I’m not sure how I feel about it right now and I figured typing it out might help. So I’m sorry if I ramble and get things muddled up. I found out at therapy today that A will be leaving sometime between October and November. So that is when my therapy will end. My immediate thoughts are:
- I’ve been given plenty of notice this time (I had a few therapy sessions a couple of years ago and was suddenly told that that session would be my last because my therapist had gotten a new job.) At least this time I know that its coming, I can prepare myself.
- Its still a long way off yet. I have plenty of sessions left. I’ll work hard and make the most of my remaining therapy.
- I knew it would end at some point, at least I know when this time.
- I now have a deadline, I have to improve as much as possible by October/November.
- How will I get on once therapy has ended? Will I keep tackling my anxiety or will I slip?
- If I do slip will I have another 6 month wait for more therapy?
- I’ll be ok. I’ll use what I have learnt at therapy to help me in the future.
- Therapy isn’t the only thing that has helped me. Healthy eating, blogging, Twitter, karate, setting myself goals and making my bucket list have also helped me a great deal and I can continue doing all of those things.
I’m very mixed up right now but the main emotions I am feeling are;
- Acceptance I knew it was coming one day.
- Sadness I like A and I’ll miss our sessions.
- Dread That’s normal right?
- Gratitude I feel like therapy has helped me get to where I am now.
- Hope That I can keep reducing my anxiety alone.
Have you been in a situation like this? I would love to hear from you!