I wrote this post a few weeks ago about my poor self esteem. I came up with some little strategies to try to improve my self esteem and they are still on going. I came across the 30 Day Self Esteem Challenge devised by Better Than Dark Chocolate and decided that it might work well alongside the other strategies. I am doing the 2nd version of the challenge, you can view the original here.
Day 1: List 10 things that you love about yourself. (Physical or personality)
I’ve got to be honest, this took me a while. A couple of things came to mind but after that I got stuck. Never mind, I got there eventually! I love:
- My sometimes bizarre sense of humour.
- My eyes. Probably my best feature, they are very dark and have long lashes.
- My imagination, even though it does get the better of me sometimes.
- My ability to look for the bright side even when I had hit rock bottom.
- My enthusiasm in setting and achieving things on my bucket list.
- My height. I’m 5.7″ so no need to wear heels!
- My resilience. If I get knocked down five times I will stand up six times.
- My taste in music. I think “diverse” would be a good way to describe it!
- My creativity, whether its writing, blogging or crafting I love creating!
- My persistence. I will keep working at reducing my anxiety no matter what it takes.