It is well known that I love pasta! It is really tasty, quick to cook, versatile, comforting and filling. This recipe is a classic, bacon and leeks in a creamy soft cheese sauce. Its quick too, on the table in around 30 minutes.
Creamy bacon and leek pasta Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g leeks, cut in half and finely sliced
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, sliced
- 350g wholegrain pasta (I used bows)
- 100g soft cheese with herbs and garlic
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the leeks and 2 tbsp water, cook for 10 mins until soft. Throw in the bacon, turn up the heat and fry until the bacon is cooked.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta to the pack instructions. Drain but save a mug of the cooking water.
- Spoon the soft cheese into the leek and bacon mix with a little of the reserved cooking water. Season with salt and pepper and stir over a low heat until melted. Toss through the cooked pasta, adding more cooking water, if necessary to loosen the sauce.
Let me know if you try this, I would love to hear what you think =)