Its no secret that I have a sweet tooth. I also love blueberries so frankly I’m surprised its taken me this long to try to make a wholegrain version of these muffins! All I did was take a recipe from an old cookbook and swap the flour but I loved the taste and texture. I’ve found that wholegrain flour works really well with recipes containing fruit or nuts and these muffins are no exception =)
Wholegrain Blueberry Muffins
Makes approx 12
- 250g Plain wholegrain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100g Soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 225ml milk
- 55g unsalted butter, melted
- 125g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper cases. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Add the beaten egg, milk and melted butter to the bowl and stir in lightly, do not over mix. Fold in the blueberries and divide the mix between the paper cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes then cool on a wire rack. (If you can wait that long… I normally can’t!)
I love the way the blueberries pop in the oven as they bake! Delicious =)