Chocolate is a major weakness of mine and these brownies are disappearing at an alarming rate! I love the way they are crusty on top and gooey in the middle. They are also mega chocolatey and rich, which is good because it means you can’t eat more than one at once!
Wholegrain chocolate brownies
Makes approx 16 brownies
- 175g Dark chocolate
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 75g plain wholegrain flour
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C, gas mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C. Grease and line a square cake tin (mine was a 20cm tin) with baking paper. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, then leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy. Pour in the chocolate mixture and mix together.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa and mix together. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin.
Its easier to cut the brownies into squares if you put them in the fridge for a couple of hours after they have cooled. If you try these, let me know what you think!