December already?! I know people say it all the time but it feels like this year has flown by! Now I’m onto the first whole month of my Happiness Project. Seeing as I started on my birthday, I only had 15 days in November to complete my resolutions, which were:
- Declutter. I am going to go through my room, my drawers, my wardrobe and get rid of anything thats broken, doesn’t fit or that I don’t use. There’s something very satisfying about decluttering!
- Organise. Everything that I keep will be sorted and organised. Day to day life is so much easier when you can find things!
- Refresh room. My room was redecorated a couple of years ago, there is nothing wrong with it but I think a new quilt cover and a couple of new photo frames would freshen it up. I spend a lot of time in my room, so I might as well make it a nice place to be.
Tick, tick and tick again =) If you missed it in my earlier post, here is the awesome poster I bought which now has pride of place on my bedroom wall.
Moving on, my focus for December is Gratitude. Seems pretty appropriate as it is the same month as Christmas and New Year. I want to remind myself that I have a lot to be thankful for, yes my anxiety makes life difficult but I am more than a mental health condition! I have friends, family, a warm home, a job and hobbies. This month I want to focus on the positives! My resolutions for December are:
- Give thanks. I am going to keep a kind of gratitude journal throughout December. I will write a post each day with a little update and a few things I am thankful for.
- Notice the little things. This also ties in with my gratitude journal. We often overlook the little everyday things!
- Give something back. I want to do something charitable, after all Christmas is the season of good will! I have a few ideas…
- Get into the spirit. I’m going to make an extra effort to be festive and enjoy Christmas and New Year!
Those are my resolutions, can’t wait to get started!